It’s Labour Day in New Zealand. This is the long weekend that announces the approach of summer. It’s time to pack away the winter duvet, dust off the camping equipment, sort out the seed potatoes and find your dibbler – you do remember where you put your dibbler, right?
However you spend the day, the public holiday is a reminder to honour the dignity and meaning of work. So whether you’re rostered on or enjoying a break, we recommend the following articles about working in healthcare,
- A privileged job by Jillian Sullivan
- In praise of Ronnie the nurse by Peter Wells
- A lesson from Africa by Mary Morseth
- Do you have anything for me to see? by Janine Winters
- A career in medical oncology by David Perez
- Choosing Paediatrics as a career in medicine by John Clarkson
Sue Wootton is co-editor of Corpus.